No matter whether you're a tourist or living in Stockholm - if you're searching for French cheese, Italian wine, Swedish reindeer meat, exotic fruits from all over the world or just classic Swedish strawberries, then you should visit Östermalm's Saluhall, the famous market hall in Stockholm's East. It's a huge market hall full of delicacies in the heart of Östermalm.
Of course, if you're on a budget then this is probably not the right place for you to do grocery shopping, but you should at least visit and try out all the free appetizers you can find! The market hall is a treat for your eyes and nose and I really wish there were pictures that could transport the smell of all the delicious things.
Instead you'll just have to imagine it all!
Facts and Infos:
- the market hall was built in 1888
- you can find delicacies on 3000m²
- situated at Östermalmstorg / right around the corner of the metro station Östermalmstorg/ metro 13 or 14 towards Ropsten or Mörby Centrum
- open Mon-Thu 9.30am till 6pm / Fri 9.30am till 7pm / Sat 9.30am till 4pm
- What you can buy: cheese, wine, meat, sushi, fish, fruits, vegetables, cakes, chocolade, bread, coffee
- there are 8 restaurants and cafes